The vernal equinox marks the beginning of spring, and it is no accident that this miraculous season of rebirth and growth is ushered in on the day of perfect balance between day and night. Many ancient cultures tout the equinox as the most energetically powerful time on the planet; the balance of opposing energies, light and dark, cold and warmth, masculine and feminine, left and right, yin and yang. Whether you are aware of it or not, you are affected by this equinox energy. It is this energy that draws you outside in the spring so that your subconscious, if not your conscious, can feel the change in the air and light. It is the energy of the equinox, and of spring that inspires action.
Ahhh yes, the action of Spring! The season for planting, cleaning and all those endless posts about cleansing and detoxing the body. When you think about it, doing a cleanse in the spring makes total sense. Coming out of the winter many of us have a vague sense of not being quite on top of our game mentally and physically; a slight awareness of perpetual fatigue or feeling subpar somehow. This can make the idea of waking up and blossoming in our daily lives feel overwhelming at best, even though it is what we are designed to do. We are made to come alive in the spring, to feel new growth stirring deep in our souls, and a renewed energy and outlook permeating our bodies, minds and spirits.
A spring cleanse is designed to help one harness the energy of spring and put it to work internally. According to the science of ayurveda (an ancient Indian system of health) Spring is the best time to cleanse the body, to give the digestion and the metabolic fire a nice big reset. When you reset the metabolic fire you reset all systems of the body and that feels amazing.
Here are just a few of the many benefits that may happen in one’s body, mind and soul from doing a cleanse:
- Brings peace to the mind and body
- Brings clarity to the mind, alertness to the brain, and strength to the body
- Improves vitality and an enthusiasm for life
- Brings one into the present moment, which is all we ever really have
- Improves quality of sleep and resets sleep cycles
- Allows the body to come to its ideal weight
- Improves digestion, gut health and restores proper elimination
- Promotes detoxification of tissues and organs from physical toxins and molecules of stored emotions
- Deeply nourishes and rejuvenates all systems of the body as well as the mind
- Reduces the effects of allergies
- Reduces inflammation
- Improves flexibility
- Relieves depression, headaches, joint pain, and anxiety
- Brings balance to all systems of the body and the mind
For the past several years I have run a thirty day yoga and juice feast challenge designed to reset the metabolism, as well as align one with the natural circadian rhythms of the earth. As a naturopathic consultant and a registered yoga instructor I combine individualized nutrition and yoga for an amazing cleansing experience.
I would like to offer you the opportunity to join in this year’s challenge either in person or via the internet. Each person who accepts the challenge is invited to thirty days of yoga in a row at Healing Earth Studio starting on May 1st. These classes will run from 5:30 AM EST to approximately 6:40 AM EST. I know this may seem a bit early for some of you, but it will allow for the body to reset to its natural rhythm because this is the time of day that exercise and meditation are most beneficial to the body and mind. The yoga can be done via the internet or by attending class at the studio. Each student will also be given 4 personal consults with me, Kerry Smith, to determine the precise food and juice plan that is best for his or her body throughout the thirty days. This year I will be offering plans on three different levels:
- A light cleanse which will focus on cutting out a few of the most toxic foods and drinks in your diet, and helping you to replace them with foods that are specifically beneficial for you right now, as well as adding in some fresh vegetable juices for nutrient enrichment and energy.
- A more intense cleanse specially formulated for you that will reach into the deep tissues of the body and remove layers of physical and emotional toxins.
- 30 days of yoga without a diet plan, for those who wish to have daily yoga be the sole means of cleansing.
I know a cleanse like this may seem intimidating to some of you, but it is an ideal way to break old cycles, reset your entire metabolism and get back to the innate health and balance of body and soul. If you have any questions or if you would like to register please feel free to email me by clicking here: firstname.lastname@example.org I always respond personally to any questions you may have. You may also check out more info by going to the Healing earth website here: www.healingearthstudio.com